I'd say you your script may not be accessible through the relative url, or
the relative url points somewhere else. Try using an url based on the server
root :

<script type="text/javascript"src="/javascripts/jquery-1.3.2.js"></script>

If you're running the app from the server's root and your jQuery script is
accessible at http://www.your-server.com/javascripts/jquery-1.3.2.js this
should work a treat.

Regards.

Michel Belleville