I have a form with 2 button elements in it.  Button elements are used
because they are much easier to style as needed.

<form id="testform"  method="post" name="testform">
        <input type="text" value="" name="firstname" id="firstname"/>
        <button class="button ci_btn_shdw" value="Save As New " name="_event
        <button class="button ci_btn_shdw" value="Save As Copy " name="_event
</form>

I am using the jquery form plugin (http://jquery.malsup.com/form/) to
submit the form by ajax.  Everything works great in all browsers
except for Safari and Chrome.  The problem in Safari and Chrome is
that the name of the button that was pressed does not get sent back.
My guess is that the form plugin is getting confused by the span
inside the button and not grabbing the name from the button element.
Is there a way to fix this?