name your elements with whatever name you want.

<form name="gustavo" id="xyz" class="blah">

can be selected via:

$('#xyz')
$('.blah') (this will return an array of -all- elements of class "blah")
$('form') (this will return an array of -all- form elements on the pag)
$('form[name=gustavo]')
$('form[id=xyz]')
$('form[class=blah]')
$('form#xyz')