Hello,

I would like to add css through jquery to make a loading gif appear.
Say in the css stylesheet itself, #vv is set without a width, so I was
hoping to put a width on the css loading gif background image in
jquery to make it appear. If this is not possible to do in jquery,
then a style:non alternative and then making the css show in jquery
would be fine. unfortunately I do not know how to do either of this in
jquery or how to make the gif fade in and out. The concept syntax (non
working) I had in mind is below. (Note: If wondering, I have 3 divs on
my website to be loading in a slider, but only the first div needs to
show the loading gif, the first slide)

$(function(){

$("#first").empty().fadeIn(80)$('#vv').css('width:48px').fadeOut(500);
$("#first").load("ahahpage.html #u");
$("#second").load("ahahpage.html #k");
$("#third").load("ahahpage.html #b");

});