I think I figured it out in a weird way.  So I had recently bought a new Dell
Mini 10v Netbook and installed Ubuntu Netbook Remix on it to do coding/web
work while I was traveling.  I zipped the files on my netbook in linux and
transfered them through a share I have to my windows 7 desktop.  This wasn't
a problem but for some reason I think linux archieve files are read only be
default maybe, and perhaps there are some other permission issues there?

I found this out because I had transfered a spreadsheet to edit it and found
out it was read only when I shared it out from linux.  So this time I just
transfered the files straight with my corsair flash drive and then zipped it
on my windows machine, after uploading it/expanding/cleaning up/etc, the
site works the way it was suppose to, just as it was offline on my linux
machine.

So I think that you were totally right with that last reply, I had never
thought that file permissions and things like that could give the same
symtoms of incorrect file paths.  Thanks a lot dude!

Thanks,
Wes