I agree with the other respondents... rather create your own
"namespace" and encapsulate your functions there.

e.g.

var myApp = { };

myApp.myTestFunction = function (param1) {
    alert(param1);
}

myApp.myTestFunction('my function!');

Actually, don't listen to me :)  look at a few of Crockford's video's
and the patterns he talks about.  I especially like the following
example that allows you very easily build contained "modules" using
the correct scopes. (source: http://javascript.crockford.com/code.html)

var collection = (function () {
    var keys = [], values = [];

    return {