Joe

No I dont want anything to happen when you click on the link

I want to change it beforehand.

Basically ON LOAD of the html I need certain text replaced by my text.

There is certain text that I can not control through HTML or in the
backend, which needs to be replaced by my text. Not just this link,
but I can choose the incorrect text, by either the CSS Class or ID.

For Example:  $('.cartSummaryLink').val was my attempt to get the
value of the  "incorrect text" (being View Cart) and the rest of my
code was my attempt to replace part of that text (Cart) with my text.