Thank you Karl but ...

I have seen this article, it does not explain how to do what I want.

I need the background to change and loop without a user doing
anything. Also I need to use a fade.

I have done a lot of searching and haven't found anything. It seems
that it is possible, and possibly even easy, but I can't find someone
who knows how to do it.

Thanks.

Dan