Hi Andy,

The problem is occurring because you are initializing the cluetip on mouseover by calling jQuery('a.title').cluetip( ... ).

The plugin takes care of the mouseover/mouseout stuff on its own, so you should call it ahead of time (and only once). For example, you could put it inside a document ready block:

$(document).ready(function() {
        jQuery('a.title').cluetip({splitTitle: '|'});
});

This can be put in a separate file and then referenced with a <script> tag somewhere in the HTML document.

For more information about the basics of getting the plugin to work, check out the documentation:
http://plugins.learningjquery.com/cluetip/#getting-started

--Karl

Karl Swedberg
www.englishrules.com