Hey Mike,

Thanks for the reply - that's similar to something I tried, however it
has the same effect - the slideshow starts once the page is loaded
regardless, and continues on hover. On mouseout it resets to the first
image and continues - unless you mouseout during the transition in
which case it resets to a blank (non-existent) image and continues the
slideshow.

hmmmm

James