Instead of find, use children?

On Nov 17, 2009 2:56 PM, "Joe" <joecel...@gmail.com> wrote:

I have been banging my head against the wall and searching for answers
for the past week, so any help or direction would be appreciated.  I
am sure that I am missing something obvious.   I have some XML that
looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<customMessageList>
               <CustomMessage>
                       <id>181</id>
                       <name>First Message</name>
                       <customMessageImage>
                               <id>135</id>
                               <name>Sample_img.png</name>
                               <contentType>image/png</contentType>
                               <modifiedOn>2009-08-25
11:25:28.34</modifiedOn>
                       </customMessageImage>
               </CustomMessage>
</customMessageList>

And an AJAX call that looks like this:

$.ajax({
  type: "GET",
  url: myURL,
  success: function(xml) {
                $(xml).find('CustomMessage').each(function(){
                        var id_text = (this).find('id').text();
                        var name_text = $(this).find('name').text();
                        var contentType_text =
$(this).find('contentType').text();
                }); //close each(

When i run this code, the id and name variables have all the id/name
nodes in them.  I only want the id/name for the child node.   the
contentType variable works find (but there is only one instance.

Any ideas on how to fix this?   I am at my wits end.

thx,

Joe C