This is not a jQuery plugin, this is flash.

Though copying this "effect" might be possible (except maybe on Internet
Explorer of course) using nothing more than a very tiny bit of JavaScript
and png alpha-transparency (hence the maybe impossible on IE). You create
two "fading" images (basically a one pixel wide gradient opaque
white>transparent white), and you jQuery two divs with these images as
background with absolute positionning to place them on both sides of your
target element. I'm pretty sure you'll have troubles with IE6 and maybe IE7.

Regards.

Michel Belleville