I have an ASP.Net form that posts data back to a button with codebhind
that sets a hidden label based on the status of the data posted. When
the page posts back, I want to display a "notify" message using
jqDialog. Here is the code I am using:

        $(document).ready(function() {
            var testString = $('#lblStatus').text();
            alert('3' + testString);
            if (testString.indexOf('Save') >= 0) {
                alert('6' + testString);
                var userName = $('#comboExistingUsers').val();
                alert(userName);
                jqDialog.notify("<BR /><BR />Saving " + userName + "'s
data.", 3);
            }

The alerts show that I am getting as far as the jqDialog call but the
notify is not showing up.

I have used this code on the same form from within a button as
follows:

            // notify saving data
            //            $('#btnSave').click(function() {
            //                var userName = $
('#comboExistingUsers').val();
            //                jqDialog.notify("<BR /><BR />Saving " +
userName + "'s data.", 3);
            //                setTimeout('__doPostBack(\'btnSave\',
            //                return false;

So I have the syntax correct. Is there a reason that calling notify
from the document.ready function would not work? If so, when should I
call it?

TIA,
John