OK figured out that problem or actually found the solution. Just have to use
"document.getelementById('textfield id').value". It returns the ids
separated by commas enter from the jsonContainer however, I have one more
issue before I have it working exactly to my liking. If an item has already
been selected and in the textfield, the same item shows up in the popup
selection anyways. Scince there will be user names going into this textfield
I do not want any of them to be availble in the popup. Anyone know how to
fix this?

Also does anyone know how to keep the list of names in the textfield when
the page is refreshed for example when the browser's "F5" function key is
pressed.

-----
http://www.gaihosa.com www.gaihosa.com