First of all flash and php are 2 very different things (moreso than flash
and javascript which are both client-side) because php is server-side. In
fact many sites use both php and flash.

Now if you wanna do something like that, you can put all your song names in
with the database id of the link somewhere in the href (<a
href="#song-id-192"> for exemple) then bind a callback to the click event on
one of your link (preferably through bubbling if your list may be big)
that'll copy the inside text of your link (which is the title) to some
element (possibly a <div>) and send a query to your server (preferably using
post) including the song's id extracted using a regexp from the link's href.

If you're confused on how to do this, here's some good reading :
http://docs.jquery.com/Tutorials:Getting_Started_with_jQuery
http://docs.jquery.com/Core/jQuery#expressioncontext
http://docs.jquery.com/Events/click
http://docs.jquery.com/Attributes/attr#name
http://docs.jquery.com/Attributes/text
http://docs.jquery.com/Ajax/jQuery.post#urldatacallbacktype

(the rest of jQuery's documentation's very cool too)

Michel Belleville