well i got it.
On the server side, I can open the json file (100MB)  and read the data
structure directly into python and process required fields;  - then return
them to the client. but 1) persistence ? - does the 100MB file be loaded in
memory always ? or 2) loaded multiple times based on request ?
so is there a memory efficient way of reading big json files ?

thanks,
Krishna