ok, so really just javascript then

What about caching the user credentials - how would you cache this
typically?  (noting the username/password could not be tied to a
particular page/tab, so it would have to be cached at the overall
browser context if this makes sense)

Also re caching the username/password is there a way to cache it after
the browser closes & then starts up, or would it not be possible for
this scenario?

tks