Its been an outstanding issue for a long time. There are too many possible
approaches to tackle it, and I couldn't yet decide on one to implement. Date
parsing and validating is something I'd rather see in an extra library, with
a leightweight custom method for the validate plugin to delegate to it.
datejs was an option, but it would add quite a lot of overhead...

Suggestions are welcome.

Jörn