I wrote the following code to interact with a joomla video player plugin.
Basically the video player embeds videos based on a single line of code like
such: {flv avcss="vidMedia" width="720" height="576"
autostart="true"}combiC_lumberApp{/flv}. I have multiple videos on the page,
but they are hidden via css, so they are not visible on page load. The
script is an event listener that changes the css for the link to display
when clicked. It works, except that it only picks up the first item clicked.
To better clarify, If I have links a, b and c, and I click link a... it
loads the video for link a... but if I then click link b, it still loads
link a. If I start out with link b, the same thing happens. Here is my
script, I though I was using the "this" selector properly... could someone
point me in the right direction please? I'm stuck and just cant get past
this point....

THE SCRIPT:

        this.vidPopUp = function(){

                $(".vidList li").click(function(){
                        var vidLink = $(this).find(".vidMedia")
                        $("body").append("<div class='vidPopUp'></div>");
                        $(".vidPopUp").append("<div class='vidClose'>")
                        $(".vidClose").append("
/callift/templates/calumet_custom/images/closeBtn.gif " + "[CLOSE]")
                        $(".vidPopUp").center();
                        $('.vidPopUp').expose({
        //fade background
                                api: true,
                                color:'#000',
                                opacity:'.8',
                                closeOnClick:false,
                                onLoad: function(event){
                                        $(".vidPopUp").fadeIn(400);
                                        $(".vidPopUp").append(vidLink);
                                                }
                                        }).load();
                        $(".vidClose").click(function(){
                                $(".vidPopUp").fadeOut(400, function(){
                                        $(".vidClose").remove();
                                        });
                                $(".vidPopUp").expose({}).close(); //unfade
bckrnd
        };

And a piece of the HTML its interactiong with...

                                <li>
                                                {flv avcss="vidMedia"
width="720" height="576"
autostart="true"}combiC_lumberApp{/flv}

/callift/images/newEquip/vidThumbs/thumbLumberApp.jpg
                                        Lumber Application
                                </li>

THANKS SO MUCH IN ADVANCE!!!