I just ran a page with an absurd amount of inputs through the Firebug
profiler and it seems that the majority of the time spent running
scripts is inside jQuery's (I'm using 1.4a1) Sizzle selector, which
makes me think I'm inefficiently using selectors (which I can almost
guarantee is the case).

Again,
thanks.

T.J.