Hi jquery users,

I'm attempting to use jQuery to make an AJAX request.  I'm able to
successfully serialize form data from a POST submission and receive it
on the server-side.

However, I'd like to do something a little different.  Rather than
submitting form data, I'd like to submit the id from a div tag (e.g.

For example, a user would click one of the divs below and the id for
corresponding div should be sent in the ajax request:

What would be the best way to do this?  Should this be sent over as a
key/value pair in JSON format?  And, should I be using $.post to do
this?