when in doubt the jQuery docs are your best friend

copy/paste straight from Ajax examples:
$.ajax({
   type: "POST",
   url: "some.php",
   data: "name=John&location=Boston",
   success: function(msg){
     alert( "Data Saved: " + msg );
success callbacks fire when return data is received, do whatever you need to do within the success callback

http://docs.jquery.com/Ajax/jQuery.ajax#options

Justin wrote:
Hi all,

I'm trying to implement a way to execute a jquery function (i created)
only when an AJAX POST request has status of complete.  The AJAX
itself is out of my reach (controlled by the application) but I want
to be able to listen to the event.

If I'm not mistaken, the AJAX in jQuery mainly uses the GET method?

If any one can provide any insight as to how I can have an event
trigger on AJAX POST method that would be fantastic.

Regards,
Justin