Hi again,

I managed to workaround this issue by using absolute positionning
values for top left corner of the anchor and then expanding it with
paddings.

I however found an issue with Supersubs. It works great on IE8 and FF
but on IE6, the width:auto automatically added causes some problems.
There is a small margin on submenu items between the A block and the
LI block on the left of the block which I can only cover by disabling
Supersubs (thus removing the width:auto). Maybe it would be better to
add a jQuery check on user agent and if that's IE6, then don't add the
width:auto and leave it to the user to adjust the width with a fixed
value.