troop wrote:
did you look at the site with IE8?

the menu doesnt contain images, the maincontent DIV does. and the
transparent PNG of the DIV gets messed up somehow.
I kinda solved it by setting:

animation:   {height:'show'}

now there is no opacity change, and the background PNG of the content
DIV stays as it should, but the whole thing still is odd...

IE's alpha png support basically consists of them applying the IE alpha png filter we all know internally by default. So basically the same bugs we saw in IE6 show when you try to fade in a png in the later versions too.

You can either avoid fading elements with transparent png's (in IE) or you can send IE 8-bits versions of your .png (or a .gif, same thing).

Jonathan

--
Jonathan Vanherpe - Tallieu & Tallieu NV - jonat...@tnt.be
I'm out of the office from 24/12/09 until 05/01/10