I have a set of odd requests from my users:

The first request is that we have a date field: mm/dd/yyyy, BUT we
accept short dates and pad appropriately with 0:
1/1/2009 becomes 01/01/2009.

Checking for these cases server-side is easy enough, but I'd really
like to provide some friendly masking and validation up front.

The Masked Input plugin has a completed() callback, but that won't
help in case #1 (1/1/2009 isn't valid input with a mask of 99/99/9999,
and isn't "complete").  What I really need is to react to the "/"
character being pressed and pad the section before it, hopefully
without having to effectively rewrite the plugin.

Ideas?

--
Brett Ritter / SwiftOne
swift...@swiftone.org