On Dec 16, 2:28 pm, Allyson Woodrooffe <allys...@interwood.com> wrote:
> It appears that jquery might not like the shtml extension (which we
> currently use on our site to include headers, footers etc)

That's not it.  jQuery doesn't care about the page url at all.  But
you are serving up very different final content when you use the
server-side includes, and I'm sure that accounts for the issues.  You
can demonstrate this for yourself by saving the output of the .shtml
and serving it from the same folder as PowerDetail999.html.  I don't
have time to look more carefully at what's wrong, but a quick trip to
the W3C validator shows many more errors in your full page than in
your plain HTML one:

    http://tinyurl.com/ydvcqvw  (plain HTML)
    http://tinyurl.com/y9pfxo8  (with SSI)

One thing I did notice that is disconcerting is an additional BODY tag
in the SSI version.

Good luck,

  -- Scott