From: KenGreer <k...@dancesoft.com>
To: jQuery (English) <jquery-en@googlegroups.com>
Date: Monday, December 21, 2009, 9:15:37 AM
Subject: [jQuery] (validation): remote rule causes submit to abort, fix
included

With the validation plugin (http://bassistance.de/jquery-plugins/
jquery-plugin-validation/) I included two "remote" rules to check
username and e-mail. If my form is loaded such that the username and e-
mail are already filled in, and, therefore, have not yet been
validated, and I click SUBMIT, validation proceeds just fine, but the
form does NOT submit! A second click of the submit button, however,
then works.

I speculated that this was because of pending ajax calls aborting the
submit. It seems my speculation held true. Right after my "$
(document).ready(function() { ..." I added the code:

        $.ajaxSetup( {
                async: false
        } );

to make the "remote" ajax calls synchronous and this fixed the
problem. Now clicking submit performs the validation and really does
submit.

Hopefully a more elegant solution will be found in the validation
plugin itself, but as a jquery newbie, I found reading the validation
plugin code daunting!