On Dec 20, 10:04 pm, Rob <rgiv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am having trouble getting my wordpress theme to use the Superfish in
> the nav menu. My problem is I have subcategories that go 3 tabs deep
> and currently it is very tough to navigate through the drop down menu
> so I wanted to get Superfish to work since I have used it with other
> non-Wordpress sites in the past.
>
> a link to the site I am working on ishttp://robgivans.com/hssportszone/
>
> I have called these files.
>
> //link to the CSS files for this menu type
> <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen"
> href="superfish.css" />
>
> // link to the JavaScript files (hoverIntent is optional)
> <script type="text/javascript" src="hoverIntent.js"></script>
> <script type="text/javascript" src="superfish.js"></script>
> <script type="text/javascript" src="supersubs.js"></script>
>
> Then right above my Navbar I have called the script file for super
> fish, this is exactly how it is in my file.
>
> <script type="text/javascript">
>
>     $(document).ready(function(){
>         $("ul.sf-menu").supersubs({
>             minWidth:    12,   // minimum width of sub-menus in em
> units
>             maxWidth:    27,   // maximum width of sub-menus in em
> units
>             extraWidth:  1     // extra width can ensure lines don't
> sometimes turn over
>                                // due to slight rounding differences
> and font-family
>         }).superfish();  // call supersubs first, then superfish, so
> that subs are
>                          // not display:none when measuring. Call
> before initialising
>                          // containing tabs for same reason.
>     });
>
> </script>

> <ul id="nav">
>
> <li><a href="<?php echo get_settings('home'); ?>">Home</a></li>
>
> <?php wp_list_pages('title_li=&depth=4&sort_column=menu_order'); ?>
> </ul>

> I have changed the DIV Navbar to sf-menu but it makes no difference.
> If you have any idea what I could be doing wrong please let me know, I
> have been messing with this way too long, maybe I am missing something
> stupid. Thanks.

I have used SuperFish menus in a couple WordPress themes which are
based on the Sandbox theme.

To get SuperFish to load correctly, I had to run this jQuery script:

// Need to initialize jQuery and the SuperFish menus
jQuery(document).ready(function(){
    jQuery('ul.sf-menu').superfish({
        delay:       250,
        animation:   {opacity:'show',height:'show'},
        speed:       'fast',
        autoArrows:  true,
        dropShadows: true,
        pathClass: 'current_page_item'});
});

Your pathClass argument might be different depending on how your theme
assigns a class to the current page.  It has been my experience that
you will not be able to use the jQuery $() shortcut notation with
WordPress because so many things make use of jQuery.

You can see SuperFish menus working with WordPress on this web site:
http://www.caslshocks.org

Mike