I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with jQuery.  I use $.ajax flawlessly
on Safari.  However, I did note that some browsers are more forgiving than
others with respect to the data and the data type matching.  Make sure you
are telling your ajax call what kind of data it should expect back from the
server, and that may solve your problem.

--
John Arrowwood
John (at) Irie (dash) Inc (dot) com