I'd wager this is an issue with Dreamweaver's parsing of the code.

You should -not- be modifying the core jQuery files, unless you really
-really- know what you're doing.  And if that's the case, you still really
should -not- be modifying the core jQuery files.

--
Charlie Griefer
http://charlie.griefer.com/

I have failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my life. I love my
wife. And I wish you my kind of success.