On Dec 23, 5:29 am, paul s <pksole...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm having a problem using:
>
> jQuery(window).bind("focus", function(event) { alert("test"); });
>
> in Firefox.
>
> I'd expect a single alert box when I focus on the window. However in
> Firefox I get 4 alert boxes in a row?

I get an unending stream of them unless I can hit enter to cancel the
alert box followed very quickly by closing the tab, before the next
one pops up.  Either that or I have to kill of the process.

I think the problem is that FF generates a window.focus event when the
alert dialog is closed.  Leonardo Balter's suggestion may do it for
you, or find a way to use something other than an alert on focus.

Cheers,

  -- Scott