yes, it's just a warning, we can ignore it, but thats not fine

I'm not sure whether it make sense (or it could be useful) to continue this
thread, but I do not totally comprehend your comments:

> well, jQuery will not know what to do with the
> string, because it's neither a selector string nor a HTML code
> string but that's "jQuery's problem", and not "Firefox's"...

jQuery works correct ... while it doesn't know what to do with the string

?

AFAI-CanSee the string ".s:gt(2)" is a regular string and its compliant with
jQuery's documentation. Why this warning in Firefox ?

kind regards
fran