On Dec 27, 10:07 am, merchz <merch...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> When I click that Cancel button, the alert executes just like I want it to
> do. But I can't figure out why?? I mean how can the eventhandler register
> correctly. Is the Cancel button from the AJAX call somehow magically insert
> into the DOM before the script registering the event executes?

Hey, a magician never reveals her tricks, right?  :-)

In fact, though, that's exactly what happens.  The script tags are
stripped out of the response and inserted and run after the rest of
the DOM changes.  This could be a problem if you're trying to use
script tags for something other than JS content, but that's pretty
rare.

Cheers,

  -- Scott