If I tell you the (possible) answer, will you turn off the music on the home
page? :-)

Karl Swedberg mentioned in another thread today that you may have trouble in
IE6 if you try to set a background color on a TR. It has to be on the TD's
instead. Maybe this is the case for IE7 too.

So I would try changing this part of your CSS:

tr {
  background-color: #fff;
}

.alt {