Clarification....

I wrote:

> Now, I can get the CKEditor to set up IF I add the following...
> CKEDITOR.replace({skin: 'kama' })"

Let me clarify

### Remove from javascript ###
> var CKEDITOR_BASEPATH = 'http://www.domain.com/ckeditor/';
> $(function(){
>   $.ckeditor.config = {skin:
> 'kama' };
>         // initialize
>  $('textarea.cke1').ckeditor();});
>
> </script>
###

### Change
> <form method=post id=form1>
> <textarea cols="80" class=cke1 id="editor_kama" name="editor_kama"
> rows="10">Hi, this is your editor area.
> </textarea>
// add the following
                                <script type="text/javascript">
                                //<![CDATA[

                                        CKEDITOR.replace
( 'editor_kama',
                                                {
                                                        skin : 'kama'
                                                });

                                //]]>
                                </script>
> </form>
>      <input id="btn-ajax" type="button" value="Test &raquo;"
> style="float:right"/>

###

Now I have the CK editor working, but the text is returned plain. I
can by adding this:
    alert($.ckeditor.instance("editor_kama").getData());
to showRequest see that the text is showing the correct complete HTML
of the text area, But the text being picked up and in the query is the
display'd text, but the HTML text. (showRequest lso includes

var queryString = $.param(formData);
alert('About to submit: \n\n' + queryString);

so I can see what is being sent to the server before it sends the
information)

"Hi, this is your editor area."

not

"<strong>Hi, this is your editor area.</strong>"  even though getData
is showing that the HTML text is available in the DOM.