Hi all,

I'm creating a method for the first time which causes some action to
happen while a key is pressed. I've noticed, however, that the 'keyup'
event which I would  normally use to determine when the key is
released is fired continually, even when the key is still being
pressed.

e.g.

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/
TR/html4/strict.dtd">
<head>
        <title>jQuery > Keyup Test</title>
        <script src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.3.2/
jquery.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
</head>
<script type="text/javascript">
$(function () {
    $(document).keydown(function (e) {
        console.log("keydown");
    }).keyup(function (e) {
        console.log("KEYUP");
</script>

Instead of seeing "keydown", "keydown"..."keydown", "KEYUP". It
switches back and forth between the two continually. So far I've
tested the same demo in FF 3.5, 3.7 and Chrome 3.x.

Any ideas?

Thanks!