They both seem to run equally smooth to me. I saw occasional jumpiness
on both demos.

Seriously, you've been on this specific topic since early November and
just doing a Google search shows that you've asked a ton of people the
same question. If you feel that jQuery's effects could be smoother, I
urge you to help out the project by investing the time to tackle
whatever concerns you have. Doing that will not only ease your
concerns but helps out everyone in the community.

Rey...