Hi,

I've just recently started to use jQuery, and it has already proven
extremely useful for formatting tables (and other things as well!). I
get raw html-tables into my page, and my only way of styling them are
css and, now, jquery. And it's worked out fine.

But now I've run into a problem. Which seems to depend on which
browser you use.

I'm trying to give the table rows with the last cell containing
" ", a specific style by adding a class. In FF/Safari/Chrome it
behaves as I expect it. But Internet Explorer gives me no result at
all.

The code:
$("tr td:last-child:contains('\u00a0')").parent().attr
('class','markeme-sub');

And I'm stumped. Is it because of how browsers handle the whitespace,
or am I missing something in my jquery?

Thankful for any help!

Best regards
Jonatan