Hello there,

Obviously I've a problem :)

An object's position is updated relatively to mouseposition on
mousemove (opposite direction). Works perfectly well, but I failed to
set up the code with smooth easing as result. The code works in
Actionscript in Flash (of course in proper syntax) but it doesn't work
in jQuery syntax and code-elements. Strange is that nearly the same
code works in Actionscript and there WITH easing
In jQuery, I used "css()" to position the object, "animate() with
easing" produces a messy animation.

Any idea how I could implement an easing to this animation?

$().mousemove(function(e){

    $(".object").each(function(){

        var position = $(this).offset();
        var position_x = position.left;
        position_x = 0;

        var windowwidth = ($(window).width()/2);
        var endX = (windowwidth)-(e.pageX);

        var speed = 5;
        position_x += (endX-position_x)/speed;

        $(this).css({'left':position_x});