I figured something out.. in de js file of the validator is the next
section:

formatAndAdd: function( element, rule ) {
                        var message = this.defaultMessage( element, rule.method
),
                                theregex = /\$?\{(\d+)\}/g;
                        if ( typeof message == "function" ) {
                                //message = message.call(this, rule.parameters,
element); >>
original line
                                message =
jQuery.format(message.replace(theregex, '{$1}'),
rule.parameters); // replaced line
                        } else if (theregex.test(message)) {
                                message =
jQuery.format(message.replace(theregex, '{$1}'),
rule.parameters);
                        }
                        this.errorList.push({
                                message: message,
                                element: element
                        });

The first time the field is validated the script goes to the "else
if", the second time you focus/blur the field the first rule of the
"if" kikck in and returns "the filname" or "[object][OBJECT]"...

So I replaced the first "if" with the same statement as the "else if "
and it seems to work fine now. I know this is not a neat solution, and
i also don't know why it works now as it does...

if you know a better solution, please let me know!