Hi there,

I've put up a basic example of how you would do this at:

http://jsbin.com/ahevu
(to edit the code, go to http://jsbin.com/ahevu/edit)

I've used mouseenter to demonstrate - if you need a hover effect, then you will need to save the original dimensions/position of the div you are animating so it can revert to them when the mouseleave event fires.