As a QA tester with a lot of test automation experience, a bit of advice:
Ask if the product would not ship if it wasn't red.  If the answer is no,
then you might not want to waste your time.  Unless you have automated
everything else about the functionality of the application, and are looking
for things to automate, but I would be surprised if you had gotten that far
already! :)

There are some other things you can do, too, to make it easier or faster.
If you want to discuss it off-list, email me at j...@irie-inc.com.