Hello,

I am working on a music portal site with Joomla 1.5.15. (http://
www.mjamusic.com). On the page "MJ's Gear" I want to implement a
suckerfish/superfish style menu - within the article content....  I
know that this is not the intended use for this so I am wondering if
there have been any successful implementations of this concept.

The line of text is:

Guitars  ||  Amplifiers  ||  Racks, Peddles & Boxes  || Speaker
Cabinets ||  Microphones  ||  Cableing  ||  other cool stuff

Ideally a user would mouseover a category and a list of linked entries
would fall down that they could click on and open an ajax popup window
with the article about each item.... so if the user were to mouse over
"Guitars" a list would float down showing something like the following

Guitars  ||  Amplifiers  ||  Racks, Peddles & Boxes  || Speaker
Cabinets ||  Microphones  ||  Cableing  ||  other cool stuff
Fender Stratocaster
Fender Telecaster
Gibson Les Paul
Gibson ES 335

I have tried setting up a new menu and module using the Superfish
module plugin , called MJ's Gear, populated it with the above
categories, plus sub-menu items. Then I tried to use the Modules
Anywhere plugin to slip it into the article content but that has not
worked.

Any ideas? Some php tweaks that a php novice could tackle? I'd really
like this functionality but I have never seen menu functionality
inside an article, am unsure if it can be done without custom
programming.

I look forward to hearing any ideas or the holy grail - a solution....

Best regards,
Laurence