maybe it's because of the application/json part. I guess that should be application/x-www-form-urlencoded or something. Just play with the options you find here:
http://docs.jquery.com/Ajax/jQuery.ajaxSetup

Jonathan

youradds wrote:
Mmm, maybe that didn't work :/

                  jQuery.ajaxSetup({ scriptCharset: "ISO-8859-1" , contentType:
"application/json; charset=ISO-8859-1"});
              jQuery.post("/cgi-bin/unterricht/review.cgi", {
                Review_Rating: the_rating,
                        ID:  theID,
                        add_this_review: 1,
                        Review_Contents: contents,
                        Review_Subject: subject,
                        Review_ByLine: byline,
                        Review_GuestName: guestname,
                        Review_GuestEmail: guestemail,
                        add_review: 1,
                        SecurityImage: SecurityImage,
                        SessionID:     SessionID

              }, function(response){

                jQuery('#ajax_rate_indicator').fadeOut();
                setTimeout("finishAjaxReview('the_rating_box', '"+escape
(response)+"')", 400);
              });

The script is called ok, but it doesn't pass any of the paramaters -
the POST values passed in are simple $VAR1 = {};  (i.e nothing was
passed it?)

TIA

Andy

On Jan 11, 3:54 pm, "Jonathan Vanherpe (T&  T NV)"<jonat...@tnt.be>