I am a pretty experienced PHP programmer with a little bit of javascript
experience and am LOVING jQuery.

I'm working on a tool that will allow users of my app to merge vendors on
their vendor edit page.

Basically, if vendor names are similar, I display both vendors with a link
for each. Depending on which link you click, you can keep one vendor and
discard the other.

This is all done by a function that:
- presents a confirmation to the user
- calls $.ajax to do the data processing

I have it all working (sorry, it's not a public site I can show) the way I
want except for one detail.

I want the ajax method to .hide() the link that WASN'T clicked on success.

How do I know, inside the scope of the function, which element's onclick
event triggered the function.

If I knew that, it would be easy to hide the other one...

--
John Corry
PHP developer - 3by400, Inc