If there is a solution I would think that it would be entirely too slow on
any file size worth zipping, and the file would have to already be loaded on
the page.  If you are talking about files to be uploaded from the server I
don't believe there is any way that javascript could be tied to the
filesystem in that way.  If you are using envjs or jsc(macs javascript
console) then you can get to the system, and you could write an algorithm to
zip files.

Amos

--
Amos King