confirmed by looking at live site, $("#freeagents").get(0).
config.parsers.8.id is "text". Looks like you'll have the same problem with
"3B" as well for the same reason.

To force a specific parser to be used, pass the options in to Tablesorter on
invocation. In this case for example:

jQuery("#freeagents").tablesorter({
  headers: {
    7: {
      sorter: 'digit'
      },
    8: {
      sorter: 'digit'

You can collapse the white space if you wish but multiline makes it more
readable, especially when you start adding other options (e.g. widgets,
forced sort orders, ...).

e.g. jQuery("#freeagents").tablesorter({ headers: { 7: { sorter: 'digit' },
8: { sorter: 'digit' }}});

Hope this helps,
aquaone