Firstly, just a warning that this is a first post.

I've had a look at the link, and it seems to be redirecting me back to
the homepage, however, I would think that to produce the effect you
want you should just be able to use find(). so the following should
work:

$(document).ready(function() {
$('.divParent').hover(function() {
    $(this).find('.divControl').show();
},funtion() {
    $(this).find('.divControl').hide();

The alternative would be to use addClass and removeClass, with a
display:none on the default, and a display:block on the added class.

Hope this helps anyway.

Ben