On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 11:28 PM, Photonic <tmlew...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Now the problem I am having is with "  $(this).next
> ('.textDescription').hide();   ". What am I doing wrong. I was under
> the impression that it would select the next object with the class of
> textDescription and hide it... but it isn't.

You need to use nextAll(), not next().

http://api.jquery.com/next/
.next( [ selector ] ) Returns: jQuery
the set of matched elements, optionally filtered by a selector.

http://api.jquery.com/nextAll/
.nextAll( [ selector ] ) Returns: jQuery
matched elements, optionally filtered by a selector.

Nathan