Hi everyone!

I started using jQuery yesterday so im a noob.

I have a navigation bar, and i want it to display a background image on the
active menu item. (Like the top most menu on this website, it has a little
blue underline)

So i got this function:

Copy code

   1. function displayBgImg() {
   2.         for (var i=0; i<$("ul#nav_prim a").length; i++) {
   3.                 if ($("ul#nav_prim a")[i].href == document.URL) {
   4.                         $("ul#nav_prim a")[i].css("background-image",
"url(images/nav_bg.gif)");
   5.                 }
   6.         }
   7. }

Line 2: It loops though all the   tags in an <UL> with id nav_prim. (The
tags are inside of <li>'s in the <ul>.

Line 3: I check to see if the   tag's href atribute is the same as the URL
of the page, if it is

Line 4: i want that specific   tag's background-image to be
images/nav_bg.gif.

I can't get it to work. In firefox i get the error " $("ul#nav_prim
a")[i].css" is not a function.

Why is that? Can anyone please help me? As i've said im new to jQuery and
Javascript in general aswell.

Thanks for any advice :)